God is still God. God is still good.

This week I will be in Peoria a lot.

I have an appointment to see Dr. O'Connor who did my fistula surgery. I am seeing him about the problems I have been having with pain and swelling in my fistula. another recent development with that is that my hand  keeps getting tingly like it is falling asleep. I am guess that is from the blood flow being restricted in my fistula. Which is obviously awesome.

Then I have surgery Thursday. We are heading to Peoria on Wednesday to stay the night since my surgery is early the next morning. I am not looking forward to waking up early. I'm not a morning person at all. Other than that I am pretty chill about it. I actually tend to get really relaxed in pre-op and even in the operating room. My body starts to go into rest mode because all of me knows I am going to have a great nap.

I'm not nervous or anything. I just want to get it over with. The med he put me on to help with the pain is helping with the pain but it is causing other problems as well. So that's great.

I hear people sometimes asking, "How do you still smile and laugh through all of this?" Well I love to laugh and I do have many other good things in my life. And I don't always laugh and smile. I do have times when I cry and yell and get upset. But I don't like to make a scene so I do that all in private. I have also heard a lot recently people saying that I can't catch a break and it's always somethings. Which it does feel like that a lot. I cannot deny that. And cannot deny that my body and spirit and mind are all tired.

This week to lift my spirits I watched a video that I love. So I thought I would share it with you. Warning: this video makes me cry every single time I watch it. But it's worth a watch. Check it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day