drawing a blank

I've tried to start a blog twice already today...but both times I didn't like anything I wrote...and while that is normal for me to not like what I write...I really didn't like it at all...it wasn't one of those 'this probably makes no sense but whatever I am posting it anyway' times...instead it's been a general overall disgust for anything I may have to say today...

I even had my friends and my mom try to help me with ideas for my blog...they suggested that I post about them being over (Taylor and Nicole) and Taylor crushing Nicole's dreams...or about Cory and Nicole helping me fill out my personality profile thing in church today...and how we all know I am impatient...or about trying to figure out my schedule for when I have to go to U of I for a week for classes and fitting in dialysis with them...

And though those things make sense to post about and would be things that I would normally post about...I'm not feeling it today...

I have said it before but sometimes after I have a really good post...or at least one that people seem to think is really good...I don't know what to say after that...I sometimes feel like I should just write some random crap down and get it out of the way...

I also have been super moody today and this week...which is normal...but I know I get sick of my crap mood so I am sure you all get tired of hearing me say how moody I am...

I also have a bit of a heavy heart because of what happened at that elementary school...but I don't really want my blog to be a place where I comment on current events...but my heart does ache for those babies (because to me they are babies) and their families...

So what does that leave me to talk about?

When I am a moody mess and can only see the bad I need to be reminded...reminded of how good God is...reminded of how much he loves us all...reminded that even though things on this Earth can be heart wrenching-ly horrible...I was not made for this world...I was made for a world where the King sent His Son down to me...to take my place on a cross for my sins...just so he could be with me...

"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor, he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; to grant those who mourn in Zion - to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified." Isaiah 61:1-3 (ESV)

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, 'Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things had passed away'." Revelation 21:1-4 (NIV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day