video post with some dailysis videos

So at camp this past summer I had to do dialysis while I was out there counseling and Gary Gordan took a video of it for me...well a couple...that I thought maybe they were going to show at camp but it's probably a good thing they didn't because it's kind of gross to watch...like I said in my last post some people had to leave the room while we were watching this video at the house so be warned...this first one just shows the size of the needle that I get stuck with...it's call a 15 gauge...the smaller the number the bigger the gauge...IV needles are like 20 gauge I think...and those are bigger than needles they use to draw your blood...this ones a beast though...


This is the video of me getting stuck...so don't say I didn't warn you that it's kind of gross...(ps my grandparents who I know are reading this probably shouldn't watch this because I know you hate to see me in pain)...

Then the cartridge...which has the filter and all the tubing on it had some problems..the filter was broken or something because it was sucking in air so we had to get a new cartridge out...so here is a video of my blood going through the lines...
 
And yeah...that's pretty much it...I laid back on the bed and took a 2 hour nap with my brother Kenny...that's who I am making fun of in the video who is off to the side telling us all how gassy he is...
 
But yeah...that's what I do five times a week...that's what is keeping me alive right now...so maybe you will better understand why I say it sucks...I can't move from my bed while on dialysis and sometime Walle freaks out even if I move my left arm a little because it can make the pressures of the blood and the lines go a little nuts...I  kind of hate dialysis...a lot...but it's keeping me alive...but I am thankful my fistula looks really good and doesn't look like a nasty rope in my arm or have gross button holes...if you want to know what I am talking about google dialysis fistulas and the images seriously look like someone had a tow rope surgically put in their arm...so that's something I definitely thank Jesus for...that my arm still looks like an arm...even if that means my button holes are more sensitive...I'd take the pain over the gross arm...
 
On the bright side I also have some other videos...part of a worship song from camp...I was so nervous about leading this one because the echo part was a bit intimidating but we got it down...
 
And then some videos of us doing a little worshipping at my graduation party...
 


 
Hope they all load for you and don't gross you out too much...just so you know I can't look when mom sticks me...nor can I look at the needles in my arm until they have tape on them...for some reason my brain starts to freak out when it sees the needle in me...it starts doing this "WHAT ARE YOU DOING I NEED THAT BLOOD!!!!!!" thing...so I totally get it if it makes you uncomfortable to watch it...
 
Today I am glad I have videos like this because I am having a bit of a crap day...I'm moody and frustrated with my life...I'm so tired and I don't want to do anything and that kind of sucks...I'm super irritable about everything so if I snap at you I'm sorry...
 
Also don't forget to let me or mom or know your shirt size if you want one of the "BB" "reallife WonderWoman" shirts...the more people we have order them the cheaper we can get them...to my friends from GCU I would be willing to ship you a shirt if you want one...just let me know...check out my last post to see what they look like they re right at the top...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

Post Procedure