What to say?

I am not sure what to post about this Sunday...which could possibly be because I posted a few times during the week...or because I have been so tired all week...(my hemoglobin is higher than it has been but still low for a normal human being)...or it could be because I spent most of the day today watching videos on youtube...

I will say that after my last post about dreaming big I sort of had a mental break down with my mom...here's the thing...I am great at saying the right words or words that sound good...I can easily sound smart and even wise at times...but I am not so good at following the things I say...

For example I can blog about dreaming big and not letting other people's dreams define me...but then I still worry about what the people around me say about my dreams and what their dreams are...even if they secretly sound bat shit crazy to me...I want to go along with it because I want to make them happy...obviously I still need to work on that...

My mini break down came because I oftentimes find myself trying to do more and be more...like I think I am not accomplishing enough...for example I was talking to mom about camp and how I really want to help with chick night because I feel like that is a place I can plug in and be useful...when mom heard that I feel like I am not useful she gently reminded me of all that I do...and not just at camp...

It's like I think being sick and having to do dialysis...while going to school to get my masters...and volunteering at the high school library when I can...and working a couple hours a week...and helping out around the house is not enough...and as a result I am not enough...

What a shitty lie I have found myself wrapped up in and believing...

Thankfully I have a mom who can put everything back into perspective for me...and tell me to stop being so hard on myself...giving me just the encouragement I needed....

On top of that some people at church today...who didn't know I had dealt with this during the week encouraged me in a similar way...by being in awe of the fact that I do need a transplant (I am number one of the list at OSF which means I am the sickest kidney failure patient they have)...and I am on dialysis about two hours a day five times a week...while getting my masters...

For some reason all I tend to see is the "I'm a sick person" part...think of all I could be doing if I wasn't sick...and not the fact that I am doing all this other stuff that not all sick people would do...or even healthy people...but now when I stop and think about it...I wonder how crazy I have to be to want to do all this stuff and more...whether I am sick or not...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day