Good to be live

I spent the day with my best friend, my mini brother, my mom, and my dad...and well it was a great day...

I probably stood on  my feet for way to long since my feet and ankles and knees are swollen...and I probably didn't eat enough since my stomach has been acting up...and I am probably going to pay for so many things I did today the rest of the week...

But you know what...it was well worth it...

Because the day was great fun and I loved spending time with people that I love...we laughed so much and we shared the little wisdom that we have...and as we cut up shirts I kept thinking of all the great memories associated with those shirts...the times that changed me...the times when I cried and when I couldn't stop laughing...the times when I was supported and surrounded by people that I love...people that are brilliant and loving and some of the greatest people I know...the times that shaped who I am today...

Like the times at His Oasis learning from Bill Waters or worshiping God in the woods...or the times at camp being scared about counseling but being encouraged by everyone around me...or the times of messing around in the band room when we should have been playing the drums...or wearing my favorite wonder woman shirt and declaring that "I want to be dangerous for Jesus"...or times of making new friends that would become my friends for life...or times of learning that it's ok to be a free spirit and do my own thing...

These were all things that made me who I am today...a little bit hippie...a little bit rock and roll...a lot into Jesus...and more than a little bit crazy...

But even with out all those memories...it was still a day well spent...filled with love...a day when I felt like life was normal for a moment...a day when I didn't worry about how I was feeling...a day where I just enjoyed living...those days don't happen often...but I am thankful today was one of those days...

And that to me seems like something to celebrate...something to be proud of...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day