Allow me to boast in Jesus a little bit

Something I have been hearing a lot lately is how good I look...and I have to say that feels dang good...though I know I look good it is good to hear as well...and I am glad that people see the difference from last year...for those of you who don't remember or weren't around...I was down 30 pounds last year this time and this girl doesn't have 30 pounds to lose...I was also having horrible headaches 24/7 (which we later found out was swelling on the brain that caused those seizures)...along with that I had zero strength...I would need a nap after doing simple things like climbing the stairs or taking a shower...and in general I just felt disgusting...

What a change today is from last year...I can go the whole day without needing a nap (but why not nap anyway)...I feel pretty good most of the time...I am back to my normal weight...rarely have headaches...and obviously I look fly...praise Jesus for all of those...praise Jesus that I am still alive and able to spend time with my friends and family

Sure I have to do dialysis which means I have to get stuck with giant needles (that would be two needles each treatment) five times a week...and I am still on a million meds...and I have my epo shot at the beginning of the week that makes me feel sick the next day...but I haven't had a transfusion in over 17 weeks...and I am active on a transplant list again...and I have no restricted diet (you have no idea how big a deal that is) and my blood pressure is finally stable...and I can actually hang out and do fun stuff with my friends without feeling like it will kill me...

God is so good...and this all only makes me stand behind the statement that God can only give good gifts even more...because I have seen the good things that can come out of a crazy life...how people's lives can be changed through this...and how it makes me want to live my life to the fullest and chase after my dreams...

And I am finally thinking that maybe I should put together a bucket list...I have never been that big a fan of those because I want to live my life to the fullest everyday but I thought why not...I may not ever be able to do these things but I should still say that I want to do them...so here it goes...

1. Go to a rap concert with my friend Max Ulloa since he got me into rap - also it would have to be old school cause I like that better
2. Write a book and have it on a best seller list or a popular must read list - which means I need to get on that even more
3. Ride an elephant and not just at a zoo around in a circle even though that would be cool too
4. Learn to surf (even though I'm scared) and then surf in cool places like Hawaii and Australia
5. Travel - main place I want to travel to beside the above mentioned is South Africa
6. Lead worship on a big stage with the camp band - that could be so sick
7. Be a part of an amazing love story aka fall in love - though marriage freaks me out and kids are a no I think being in love could be amazing (but if it never happens that's no big deal)

I think that sounds good...I can't think of anything else right now but maybe if I do I will add more later...I just want to let myself dream big...I often don't because I think "I'm too sick for that" but I won't always be so sick and I could one day do some of these incredible things...

What are dreams you have or things on your bucket list...don't be afriad to dream big and to chase those dreams...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day