A doctor appointment, tiger cubs, and apples

This morning I got in the car with my friend Taylor Quinton and we made the two hour drive to Peoria for my appointment with  my GI doctor and to just have some fun hanging out in Peoria...

When we got to Peoria we got a little lost on the way to the doctor's office but still ended up being there 45 minutes early...but lucky for me that meant they got me in earlier and I got done about the time that my appointment was scheduled for...my GI doctor had a lot of questions for me and I had a few concerns for him...he wanted to know if I was having the same pain that I was having before...like six months ago or whenever that was...and then the pretty standard any blood in my stool or urine...blah blah blah...he was happy with how I was doing and wanted to lessen the dose of my stomach medicine...possibly take me off of it in a month or so...he also wanted me to come back the end of October beginning of November for another endoscopy...just to check on things and see how everything is healing...which I totally get...I would like to make sure everything is healing right too...I told him some concerns and we got that all worked out...I don't know like I think the endoscopy is a good idea but I still don't want to do it because I don't like how a feel afterwards...my throat hurts and I don't feel that great...and I hate the feeling of coming off the drugs...that major sucks...so I'm telling myself it's fine and will be worth it...but I'm not that happy about it right now...

Anywho...after my appointment Taylor and I went and got some food at Steak and Shake...one of our great ideas of the day...we both love to eat so food played a major part in our outing...and then after lunch we went to the zoo...gosh I love the zoo...I think you all should remember that if you are ever in a situation where you need to cheer me up...take me to a zoo...and/or buy me some food...hahahahaha...ok for real though it was so great...they have a new zoo entrance at the Peoria Zoo that we didn't know about so we parked by the old entrance and had to walk quite a ways to the new entrance...it kind of sucked walking back to the car since we were a little worn out but it wasn't that bad...but they have a whole new wall of reptiles that wasn't there before that I thought was super cool...and they have a new Australia part...it's called a walkabout for many reasons one of the reasons being that you go inside this fenced in area and the animals aren't in cages...except for the parakeets...and with those you can go walk through their cage too...that was fun for me since we used to have parakeets in our house as pets...and I also loved that Taylor liked my names for some of the animals...like the ginger pig...or the Stars Wars animal...and we got to see the Giraffes out...and the big Giraffe was showing off and playing for us...so that was a bonus...but the best part was at the Tiger enclosure...when we walked up there were all these signs up that said "Shhhh....Tiger cubs aren't used to loud noises. The quieter you are the more likely you are to see one."...at first when we were walking around the enclosure we didn't see any animals out and there is a hill in the way so it's hard to see the whole cage but when we moved over to the side Taylor spotted a cub playing in the grass...soooo cute...and after a minute or two he got up and walked back inside...we were so blessed to see him when so many ofter people that were there today didn't get to...we were excited about it the whole rest of the trip...and we still are...

After that we hit up Tanner's Apple Orchard on the way home...I had to get some stuff that mom and dad wanted me to get like apples, apple cider, apple donuts, and more...I didn't know what kind of apples to get some this older gentleman that worked there asked if he could help  us so I told him we were looking for some eating apples...he had us try his favorites Honey Crisp and Pink Lady...which truthfully made the decision harder cause they both were so good...but we went with Honey Crisp...little did I know those were my dad's favorite...while we were there we also got some applesauce, carmel, and some corn...I think that's all we got but gosh it was so good...I love going to apple orchards...mainly for all the good homemade/home baked/homegrown stuff you can get...

So even though I am a little bummed about the endoscopy thing it really was a good day...and it was nice to sort of get away from how crazy life is...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day