For my best friend on your birthday

First happy birthday...I am so glad you were born and so blessed that God brought us together...I cannot thank him enough for your friendship...he knew what he was doing when he brought Nicole Shaffer and Abby Frye together...

I have been thinking a lot about all the things you bring into my life...the laughter...the wisdom...the late nights...the times at the drive-in...the food that we consume...the naps...the adventures...the stories...

You inspire me to live recklessly and fearlessly...to break out of my comfort zone and do things that I would never before imagine to do...you help me to live life to the fullest...and that makes sense because that's how you live...you live like you want to drink all of life's goodness in...never missing a drop...even if you do know how to enjoy sleeping as well...

I have been thinking a lot about the past year with you and I know mom has already said this many times but I am going to say it...I am glad you were here on October 26th 2011...I am glad that you came to check on me...even though I do say that I would love to go home to heaven I am glad you came that day and that you saved my life...even if you didn't let me throw up blood on you...I am thankful you came and that you went into action calling mom...helping the paramedics...helping at the hospital...driving down to Peoria with mom after I was flown via helicopter to OSF...you saved my life and then you were a comforting support...you always are especially when I most need it...

I'm glad you saved my life...if you hadn't look at all the adventures with you I would have missed out on...the drive-in multiple times this summer including that time with Cassie...Mountain of Praise...finding out about skyping with Zachary Levi...counseling together...and so many other good things along with some not so good things...like starting dialysis...or obviously the throwing up blood thing...or dad's accident...you have been with me through it all...

I couldn't ask for a better friend then you...and the fact that we are so much a like is a bonus...

Today I loved watching your face light up at the little family party we had for you...how excited you got about everything reminded me again how much you love life...and how much you love to celebrate everything big or small...

Before I met you I knew I was missing a best friend in my life...little did I know God would send me one as great as you...I am eternally grateful to him for you...for your life...for your love...for your friendship...

I love you girl

Happy Birthday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day