I'm on a campaign

A campaign to get people to wear purple for my birthday...the other day I made my grandparents buy purple shirts...they are in town from Arizona and have no purple with them...well my grandma doesn't really own any purple...which is a problem...but now she owns one purple shirt...i have been telling people though to wear purple and if I won't see you that day then text me a picture of you in your purple or post a picture on facebook...I would love that so much...we'll cal that your birthday present to me...since I don't want anything else...the only thing that I told my mom I wanted was the P!nk CD that comes out the day before my birthday...so I am pretty sure she is planning on getting it...

What also might be nice is to have a match for my birthday but I already sent in the blood for this month and nothing...so I doubt that will happen...

To be honest I am a bit nervous about this whole testing process...I posted the number for my transplant coordinator on facebook today but I am a little apprehensive about that which is why I didn't put it up right away...the thing is that I have had friends say they have friends who want to test...and I try not to freak out in a bad way...I think it's cool that people want to help...I do...but I often wonder why people would want to do something like that for me...and if they understand what donating a kidney really means...

When I had my first transplant and my dad donated the kidney all I could think about the day of the transplant was what if dad dies and I live...I didn't know if I could handle that...I mean who could I was eight...but then he didn't die and he had to recover which produced some funny stories but was also kind of a big deal...

What I am trying to say is that I don't want people to take this lightly...because I don't...

I have already been thinking about what it will be like if someone I don't know is a match and then how would I handle that...and though the medical field has advanced they are still cutting you open so there is still a risk there...and I don't know how well I will be able to take someone who doesn't know me wanting to possibly give their life for me...

I get that it is Christ like but all I can think of is that we are people not Christ...we don't come back from the dead...

So those are just some things I am mulling over right now as I send this number out into cyber space for my friend and family...and evidently their friends and family as well...

I posted something like this on facebook so here it is for my blog as well...
309-655-4101 - Jennifer is my transplant coordinator. If you have had or do have health issues they will not test you. They want a healthy kidney. If you are seeing a doctor ask them what they think. Even if they ok my doctors may not. Gift of Hope, the donor organization we are working through only tests one person at a time once a month. So if you have any reservations please don't try to send in blood right away since it could be hindering my chances of finding a match. Also important information I am O+ blood type so they are looking for that. We recently found out that O- may be accepted as well since it is considered a universal donor.



OH MY GOSH I ALMOST FORGOT TO MENTION SOMETHING REALLY IMPORTANT THAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!
MY DIPLOMA CAME IN THE MAIL!!!!! I'M OFFICALLY A COLLEGE GRADUATE!!!!
Not gonna lie it feels dang good to say that :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day