Confidence and humility

Something I have been thinking about a lot lately is confidence and humility...I guess because I feel like I don't know where the line is between the two...

Like I am very confident in myself and my abilities...but where do I let my confidence end and my humility take place and vise versa...

For example people tell me they like my hair a lot...and I say thanks and sometimes if I know the person well enough I say I like it too...which makes sense to me cause if I didn't I would get a different haircut...or when it comes to people thinking I am cool...I know I am not every ones cup of tea but I tend to think I am pretty great...if I didn't I would change...but I like me...I think I am fun to be around...which I think is a good thing because I can't get away from me...

But I am not sure if other people get that or understand that...when it is really not any secret or mystery...I am just confident...I figure God thinks he did a good work in me so who am I to argue with him...

So I am ok with saying things like I do have great hair...and I'm a fresh babe...and I'm smart...and I happen to think I am hillarious...which frankly makes me quite a catch...but besides how to get my hair cut or dyed I don't have control over these things...I didn't pick my face...or my brain...or my body...lets be honest if I knew this body would be jacked up and I had a choice I probably wouldn't have picked it...

But I am confident in who Christ made me to be...fearfully and wonderfully made I am his daughter...and because of him I am pretty great...undeservedly so...

I think maybe what throws people off about me sometimes is how I know I can be vocal about how I think I am great...which frankly is weird to me because when people say negative things about themselves we don't like it...but when people say good things about themselves people don't always like that either...but since I have this attitude where I don't care what people think of me it kind of works out for my benefit...

One of the reasons I am so vocal about how much I like myself and try to be about the people that are around me is because of an article I read once upon a time...it said that so many girls say negative things about themselves (cause lets face it we all have things we don't like about ourselves) that it has become a huge trend that is horrible...instead of it just being joking it has lead to serious problems like eating disorders...girls start to try to out do each other with things they don't like about themselves...or they start saying negative things about themselves to fit in...that bugs me a lot...why do we have to be so negative as a people...this article encouraged girls to say positive things about themselves and their friends...maybe if we hang out with people who speak good of themselves and those around them it will become a trend to be the same way...and girls will say nice things about themselves to fit in...which sounds a lot better to me...

So I say thanks and agree with people when they say that I look good or that I have fun hair...and I try to tell those around me how beautiful they are and how funny they are and whatever else I think about them that is positive...I want to be someone who is known as someone who encourages others...not as someone who brings others down...and if that means talking myself up too...then it's gonna happen...because frankly God did a good work in this life...no matter how jacked up my body is... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day