I come from good stock

Today my dad was in a motorcycle accident...he was riding on his way to work and the wind took his bike over into the other lane...dad tried to correct and either just crashed or crashed and was hit by a car...he was then airlifted to Rockford Memorial Hospital which is about an hour from where we live...

When we were finally able to talk to the doctors about what happened here is what they said...

He has no head neck chest or stomach injuries that are known (no internal bleeding no brain damage)...he has road rash all over and that is making it hard for his body to regulate temperature...he may have broken fingers and/or wrist but right now that is not a concern...he then has starting at the left hip in the femur below the ball joint a fracture...then on the right side (I think this is how it goes but I may have it backwards) that femur is broken along with maybe the tibia (I wrote that down but I am  not sure why)...the femur that broke severed his artery and caused a lot of bleeding requiring him to have 8 to 9 units of blood given...one of the doctors said possibly dislocated knee and dislocated ankle also on the right side...

The artery problem was taken care of and the other problems will be address later...they put some pins in his one leg but will be doing more surgeries (like the ones for the breaks) when he stables out...they had some problems during surgery with his blood pressure going up and down a lot so that was also part of why they just focused on the artery...they also said that a lot of his nerves in his one leg got messed up so they aren't sure what the feeling is going to be like and/or how long recovery will be...but it was/is in serious trouble as the doctor said...

They said that he will have a lot of swelling at first and that can make him unrecognizable...

Right now he is in critical care and may or may not have surgeries over the next few days...for now they have him in a drug induced coma and he is breathing with a ventilator and will be that way for a few days...

They also said that more problems could surface as he goes through the healing process...

We didn't see him tonight because he was in surgery late and then as still in recovery when we left the hospital maybe sometime around midnight (I really don't know anymore)...

I say I am from good stock because he was laying in the road after he accident with all these injuries but still managed to call an ambulance...call his work to say he wouldn't be in...try to call my mom...and call  my brother to to him what was going on...

Can't lie I'm definitely glad I told my cousin I wasn't feeling good today so I didn't go on a bike ride but instead stayed home watching Die Hard with my dad...

If I'm a fighter it's only because  I learned from him and mom...

Prayers are always welcome...so is food...and money...

Maybe I will post other things you can do for us later...but right now I just need sleep...

If you want to know what's going on check my facebook or my blog...or mom's...we will try to keep you posted the best we can when we hear news but we cannot try to contact everyone individually while still trying to hold our lives together...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day