All about Lewie Frye

They took dad into surgery not to long ago...since all this happened I have been trying to think of things that happened on Thursday with dad and me that morning...and then what we keep hearing he did after the accident...so I'm going to run through it...

Thursday morning I woke up and was supposed to go bike riding with my cousin Cassie (who I love) but I wasn't feeling good so I texted her to tell her I couldn't make it because I felt sick...then I decided to go downstairs and watch Die Hard...dad did his normal morning "she's alive" joke and then asked me if I wanted to go get groceries with him and I told him no...because well Lewie Frye is the slowest at getting groceries...then I took my place in front of the tv with my blankets...so he went outside and watered his plants and then came inside sort of distraught because a bunny had eaten his beans...then he asked what I was watching and I told him Die Hard and we laughed about my taste in movies and how the things I pick to watch shouldn't be surprising anymore...so then he joked about when it was made and guessed maybe 1988....and then I looked to see when it was made and his lucky guess was right...while that was going on we heard the crow outside and I told him how I had been yelling at the crow the night before because he never freakin shuts up...and dad and I joked about that and how this crow was living in the weeds now and caws all day and night pretty much...then dad did put on his shoes and walked into the living room and stood in the door and said "well I should probably go out to John (Michel's) and see if he will let me in"...and then dad sat down and watched the rest of the movie with me (hour and a half)...while watching the movie we joked about different things like the movie and other things...like he asked me if I was still using the shower chair and how he hasn't used it yet (he's gonna need it now)...he also cut his hair before all this and told me he didn't get any hair in my baby pool...which is sort of making me laugh because we joke about me getting a hair cut before transplant so I have fresh hair in the bed and/or casket...and now he's the one with the fresh haircut...well sort of fresh...he's not very good at cutting his own hair so it's sort of spotty...then after watching the movie he asked me to do the dishes...and we talked about the wind because it sounded crazy to me and he told me winds were supposed to be 50 mph...but he went out on his bike anyways...

A couple days before this I came down and talked to dad...I think after he read one of my blogs because he loved to read my blogs...but he said to me that he didn't think he said it enough but he loves me and thinks I am an exceptional young lady...so that was super nice...

Also mom and dad know the lady that was first upon the scene and she said that dad responded to her said his back hurt and he thought he broke his legs...she agreed because his legs were off to one side awkwardly...she couldn't believe how calm dad was...also we found out dad called 911 and work and then tried to call mom and called Mike...when dad got a hold of Mike he said calmly "I'm laying in the middle of the road"...then he told Mike where he was and what happened and then said "I have to go I think I'm going into shock"...he also responded to the doctors and they all thought he was calm for the situation...told them he was in pain told them health history problems like that he only had one kidney and had high blood pressure and high cholesterol...he told them what he could about the accident...and when they asked if he wanted anything he just said that he wanted ice chips...which made us laugh because that's all I usually want when I am in the hospital...

Right now we are sitting in the Cafeteria telling stories and laughing and trying not to just cry while dad is in surgery...might be a while before we hear anything but we will try to let you know what is going on...

Thanks agian for your prayers and for everything you have given us...your support of us is amazing and more than we could ask for...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day