This one is a figther

I know I usually post every Sunday but last night I ended up going to the movies with my best friend and my cousin and then felt totally wiped out when I got home...that tends to happen when you been doing things pretty much non-stop all week...and after you've gone on a bike ride earlier in the day...

I have also decided that to try and help make my post shorter I would post more often during the week so if you are a blog/facebook creeper of mine keep your eyes open for that...

I guess this week one of the things I want to talk about is something me and my mom were talking about on the way to and from the graduation parties we went to this weekend...I told her that there was this certain person that I have always been waiting for them to say something really good about me like they have a lot of my friends...this came up because we had just seen him...I think this man has really great insights and his compliments are really cool and hit right to the heart...but he has never given me one of those compliments and I have been waiting to hear one for a long time...

This got us talking about how people don't always say encouraging things to strong people because we all just assume that they already know that...but as a person who lots of people seem to think is strong for some odd reason I will tell you I don't...I have the same struggles and often wonder what people think of me...when I hear it I don't always know how to take it but I do remember it...those words mean a lot to be and are very encouraging...

For example my brother Garrett brought over his friend Steve from school this week and they got to see mom stick me with the needles and hung out with me before I got on dialysis and a little bit after...after complimenting my mom I was told I was a beast I guess because of how I put up with the pain of the needles go in...and then later when they were leaving Steve said good job to me even though I wasn't doing anything...now these were funny and made me laugh but it did also make me feel good because someone saw what we went through and understood how hard it could be...hearing that acknowledged meant a lot to me...

Sometimes I think we expect people to know what we think about them or how we feel about them...but how do they really know that...what do we do or say to let them know that...people tell me they creep on me on facebook or read all my blogs and that tells me that they love me because they take the time to know what is going on in my life...but if we don't even say things like that and take the approach that "oh they know" they most likely don't...

So make your love for someone know today...encourage them...love on them...I think we all could use more of that then we let on...

One last thing...I am in love with this song I heard by Gym Class Heroes...can't lie feel like they wrote it for me...I know they didn't but here it is anyways...

ps not all the lyrics are right in this video but you get the main point...also if you don't like swearing this isn't for you since they swear a few times

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day