Vacation

Sometimes I get scared that I am going to run out of things to say and I won't be able to write anymore...and all my half written stories will stay half written stories that I never get published...

But I am pretty sure today is not the day that I am going to run out of things to say...

Also sorry that this is late...we got back to the hotel late-ish Sunday night...but it was worth it because we had a big family dinner at cheesecake factory...

So I guess first I should tell you that I did retain a lot of fluid like I thought I would (almost 8 pounds worth)...which means I started to feel really gross today and got grouchy/moody...my stomach was the worst...feel sick to my stomach almost all day today just from needing dialysis...it made me not want to eat...but I am getting really hungry now after being on dialysis for about 3 hours...I still have an hour to go...that's about the only health thing to report...

I did have a really great time though...Nicole kept telling me how much she loved the trip from the start because she didn't have to be at school or either of her two jobs...and she got to sleep a lot...and she turned her phone to silent so that she wouldn't have to answer it...the weather wasn't quite what we were hoping for...we showed up to rain  in Arizona...it sprinkled most of the day Friday and Saturday...cloudy and windy...so that killed our plans to sit by the pool...it has been in the 80's and 90's in Arizona lately but we got the high of 60 weekend...but it was still better than home since there was no snow...but we found stuff to do...and it was a lot of fun...on Sunday it warmed up a bit and we were able to sit out by the pool...but not really in our swim suits to tan because it was too cold for that...then we went shopping with my grandparents and Cassie and we had a lot of fun...Nicole got a pair of shoes she's in love with and my grandpa spoiled us all...he told Nicole to think of herself as just another one of his granddaughters...and my grandpa likes to spend money on his granddaughters...so that was fun for us all...even though my feet did start to swell bad during all that...and we got to have dinner with the whole family and some more on Sunday night...so that was definitely nice...and we got to spend a lot of time with Danny on Saturday after his mud run...we went to church and then watched Wreck it Ralph...after eating at village in...much needed time with our brother...overall in was a success and worth it even if my feet did get huge...

Reminds me of before I started dialysis and felt horrible all the time...so it made me appreciate dialysis again and all the things they can do medically to keep me healthy...when we got home today I was never so happy to see my dialysis machine...and though I was moody and tired and cried about dumb things when we were getting ready to start dialysis I am thankful for my mom who takes care of me and Walle for cleaning my blood...

Also this weekend at church with Danny I fell in love with this song...


Maybe I fell in love with it because I love when drummers play on the rims...I always tried to work that into things when I was a drummer...and the drummer at Danny's church played almost the whole song on the rims...I love it...or maybe it's because it made me think of the verse Danny wrote above my bed all those years ago..."Awake oh sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you." Eph 5:14 (ESV)...or it might be because sometimes I feel like I need to awake fully and get out of the hazy fog I feel like I walk around in...anyway way you look at it I have a new song I like a lot...

And that's all I have to say about vacation...well worth it...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day