Washed by the Water

I was driving to a praise and worship service thing tonight to hear my brother play...this is one of my brothers who plays drums...I seem to have a lot of those...maybe because I used to play drums and we all have the same type of temperament...

I went to support him and hear him play...and let me just say he really is great on the drums...being in this band doesn't even really highlight his talent...and yet people still talk about how good he is...even if I practiced I still wouldn't be half the drummer that he is because he loves to play...you can see it in his movement and the way he gets lost in his own world when he is playing...he's one of those people who can play for hours and think only a few minutes has passed...which is a side note to what I want to talk about...

Another side note is that I was talking to someone at this church that I met tonight and she told me who she was and that she was related to someone else in the band...and I naturally said that I was friends with Evan...and well I should have known better than to say we are friends...I should have said I am his sister...I say that every other time I meet someone new who is friends with or knows a brother of mine...but since I didn't she thought we were dating...she even asked me how long we had been together...I should have known better because it's not the first time someone has thought I have been dating one of my guy friends...it's a hazard of having so many friends that are guys...I did straighten her out and tell her we are just friends and I like his girlfriend a lot and that our families have been friends for a long time...the whole gambit of things...though I still didn't say he's like a brother to me...so she still might think I want to date him...but at least in this first meeting I didn't gag when she asked me how long we had been together...(sorry Ev I love you but the thought of dating you elicits that reaction)...nor did I swear...so we are ok there...it could have been worse...

Anyway back to what I was saying before I got side tracked...I was driving to the church for this worship night thing...and I was jamming in my car to this song...



Obviously singing loudly because I'm rockin out in my car...and I do what I want...and the sun was setting and shining just right turning the sky a million different colors...making me smile...even though it was also in that spot where you can't get it out of your eyes...and it got me thinking about how content I am with my life right now...

Sure I'm still sick...and I still need a kidney badly...and I still hate dialysis and wish I didn't have to take so many meds...and sure things in life can still get messy...

But...

I have a job I enjoy going to and I laugh all the time at work...and my boss and co-workers are understanding...and I have a great family that loves me...and I have these amazing friends that see the best in me and think I am great even with my flaws...and no matter what I always have Jesus...

Life can hit me pretty hard sometimes...and it can be rough and depressing and make me tough and hard to handle and whatever...but like the song says..."Even when the rains fall, even when the floods starts rising, even when the storms come, I am washed by the water"...and that is something that feels so good to be able to say and to rest in...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day