As my brother Garrett would say

I'm riding the d-train...which means I am on dialysis...and if you are curious this little sucker is what a get stuck with everyday...twice...


and yes that is the needle compared to a pencil...maybe someday I will post a video of me getting stuck but for now that's what you get...a picture of a needle and a pencil...

Something else that is going on right now is a bunch of male relatives are over building a ramp for dad off the back of our house...



Mind you this was a while ago so they are much further along because despite the heat they are working like crazy...my uncles have been wanting to work on something since dad's accident first happened...and if you didn't read it in mom's thing the wood was donated!!!!!!!! how cool! just another reason why I love living in a small town...

And since multiple people have asked I still have one summer class to finish that I am taking right now...and so far it would appear I am the only one in the class...and I thought about having a graduation party/open house thing in the winter but then didn't know if that was the best idea even before dad's accident because it seemed like a lot of work that I didn't want to do...but both mom and dad still think it would be cool if I did something...so we will see what happens I guess...

I still sometimes can't believe I graduated let alone on time with all that happened this year...I mean in reality I should be dead from all the blood I was puking up in October...and it kind of blows my mind all the stuff I have done since then...I know I am hard on myself and normally say I don't do anything...but when I think of the stuff I have done and what other people in my position haven't done...I realize it really is a lot...and that is always a nice confidence boost...

Really today I am just in the mood to celebrate life...sometimes I forget to do that...I start to whine and complain about how much I hate my life because I hate feeling like crap and I hate having to be on dialysis...and other things...we all have bad days and sometimes it feels good to cry and get that all out of our systems...but it also feels good to celebrate and just say "thank you God that I am alive"...people always say take the bad with the good...but to often I forget to really enjoy the good or even the normal days...instead I focus on the bad...I don't want to live that way...I want to soak in the good days...praising God for this wonderful adventure of a life that he has given me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day